DIY Wooden Bead Garland

These bead garlands have been popping up all over the place.  I've seen them in so many vignettes around blogland and I knew I wanted some.  Thing is I never actually looked for them.  It was something I knew I could make.  Well fast forward a few months and that's exactly what I did.


This was a super simple DIY.  I bought two sizes of wood beads from Michael's.  I bought the ones with holes already in them but they do carry more sizes that do not have holes.  I wasn't in the mood to drill my own holes.  I also bought some twine for stringing the beads.


I laid out my beads how I knew I wanted to string them.  I put the larger beads in the center and placed the smaller beads along the ends for a graduated look.


I strung my beads onto the twine and spaced them out slightly so my garland would have some give to it.  If not, the strand would be too stiff and not move much.  I knotted the ends, cut the excess twine and voila, I was done.  I kept mine as a strand but I've also seen them in a circle.

I used them in my little wooden bowl in the dining room.



I also like how they look on my tray in the family room.  My son was intrigued with them so they immediately became a new toy.
 

They are so versatile and look good anywhere.  I'm sure they'll end up in other places or I may even make a few more strands.

 
You're reading DIY Wooden Bead Garland by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Instagram, and Hometalk.

Comments

  1. This is a great way to get the look for less Andrea, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea-
    I absolutely love these - they are so stylish!! I like both pics of them but I love them cascading out of the bowl. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room