Gold and Silver Christmas Tree

I decided to change things up this year and go with a different color scheme for the Christmas tree.  The last two years I did blue and silver but this year I ditched the blue and grabbed some gold.  Since I've kind of been crushing on gold lately, I went with it.


I kept the silver ornaments from years past and added in the gold.  All are a mixture of Garden Ridge, Walmart, and Dollar Tree.  We used to put a star on top of the tree but I've been liking the bow instead.



I started with silver ribbon, gold and silver balls and added in glittered snowflakes of both colors.


I found these large gold stars at Dollar Tree.
 

I love the subtleness of the two colors together.
 

I had to have this silver frame ornament with our recent Christmas picture.  This is my son's first Christmas.
 

Everyone gets a monogram ornament in silver.  When all the ornaments were on, it looked like a glitter factory had exploded in our living room.  After sweeping a thousand times, I'm still finding it everywhere.  I'm sure it'll linger long after Christmas has past.
 

I love how the tree twinkles at night.
 

I think this is my favorite color combination yet.

Did you change up your tree colors this year?  Are you more traditional colors or more modern and trendy?



Shared with
Between Naps on the Porch * CRAFT * Under the Table and Dreaming * Lines Across * Uncommon Designs * Creatively Living * It's So Very Cheri * DIY Home Sweet Home * Making the World Cuter * Rae Gun Ramblings * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * Keeping It Simple * Skip to My Lou * DIY Showoff * Ginger Snap Crafts * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Sew Much Ado * Simply Designing * Thrifty Decor Chick * 52 Mantels *

Comments

  1. The silver and gold combination looks stunning and your tree is perfectly lit. I use whatever I have and mix it up a little color wise so I do not run out of ornaments but always add one or 2 new things each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, love a Christmas tree, and mixing gold and silver. I like mixing gold and silver in jewelry too.
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room