DIY Sunburst Mirror

A few weeks ago I posted a picture of my daughter's sunburst mirror.  I received several requests for a tutorial.  I took several photos during the process but never posted the tutorial.  So here you go!


I started with a round mirror, wooden skewers, a piece of cardboard, and hot glue gun.


Trace the mirror onto your cardboard.


I also cut out a smaller circle onto regular paper.  I drew lines on it to mark where I wanted to glue my skewers.  You can see the dashes where I marked on the cardboard.


Using those dashed lines, I began to glue down the skewers.


The next few steps, I didn't get pictures of.  To give my skewers some variation, I began to stagger them in between the initial ones I glued on.  After all the skewers were glued on, I spray painted them.  The mirror was glued on top and a saw tooth hanger on the back.


Easy peasy right?


Check out my DIY sunburst mirror in the dining room here.


 
You're reading DIY Sunburst Mirror by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Comments

  1. OMG! I just redecorated my living room and had gone to that page several times last week. I bought all the supplies last week, so I'll only need the cardboard. It's as if you were reading my mind:) The tutorial is really helpful. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room