A Holiday Table

Hello people and happy Friday!

Christmas is fast approaching. Can you believe tomorrow is December? Ahhhhhh! Slow down. I need to get started on my gift shopping. We said we're not buying the kids toys this year. They have way too many that they already don't play with.

I wandered into Old Time Pottery recently to check out their new Christmas Store. They have aisles and aisles of holiday decor. It had been a minute since I was in and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I wanted to put together a holiday table this year. It's always fun to play around and make the table look pretty. We may not use this room very often, but at least it can look nice right?

I stocked up on new plates and flatware. I don't think our flatware even matched at this point. They would get tossed in the trash by mistake or taken for lunch with leftovers at work and never made it back home. It was hard to find the exact same fork or spoon as the original set so it was all mis-matched. Not anymore!



I hadn't decided on a color theme for this year's tree so I went with gold, white, and silver for the table. A classic combo. I added some simple greenery down the center and placed candle votives in between the branches. I placed some gold ornaments on the greenery. I also picked up some white wire trees that I tucked in.



How cute it this striped ribbon? I cut pieces off and added them to the ornaments for a festive touch.


I love this simple but festive table. It doesn't have to cost a lot to look good.

Are you done Christmas shopping? Have you even started? Ha! Throw some kids ideas my way. My kids don't really get into the spirit until they see presents under the tree.

Have a great weekend.

 
You're reading A Holiday Table by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents. If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Sunburst In The Dining Room

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves