Progress In The Girl's Room

We recently re-painted my daughter's room.  I was over the green that I loved so much in the beginning.  I think she was ready for a change too.  It took me forever to get myself ready to paint again and my husband wasn't exactly thrilled I wanted to paint a room we've already painted.

We chose Behr Silver Sateen, same as my son's room.  The color change made such a huge difference in the way her room felt.  It didn't scream at you when you walked in.  The softer gray will allow us to change the accent colors as her tastes change.  It's a good neutral backdrop.


I wanted to keep the wall behind the bed simple but still make it special.  I chose these gold polka dot decals from Urban Walls.  We originally were going to measure and space them apart in a pattern but we decided to free flow.  They look like they're falling from the sky.


I also wanted to put something above the bed.  I wanted a mirror at first but she already has a mirror above her dresser.  I decided on a tassel garland.  It's simple and sweet and adds some color to the wall.  I didn't do a tutorial since there are so many out there.  Search Pinterest and plenty will come up.


I am working on the other side of the room now.  I plan to put up a gallery wall since that wall is so long.  I was having trouble finding a frame in a specific size so that put me back some.  Hopefully I'm in the home stretch.

If you need to catch up
PB Teen Inspired Pinboard
Room Plans  

 
You're reading Progress in the Girl's Room by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room