Sweet Girl's Room: Dressing the Window

My daughter's room has one large window that is a focal point.  I was going back and forth between white curtains or some with some color on them. I finally decided that since her green room already so bright, I would try to tone it down a bit. I chose to go with white and hang them high. 


I started with white curtains from Target.  I hung them just as they were, but something just wasn't right about them.  They were just kind of blank, staring back at me.  I had bought some pink ribbon for another project in her room that didn't work out so I decided to use it on the curtains.

Using some Stitch Witchery, I added some pink stripes across the top.


I measured my stripes out and used the iron to attach them.


I cut the ribbon slightly longer so I could iron all the way to the the edge. 


Once the edge was done, I trimmed the ribbon.


I like the little pop of color now.  Now she no longer has a plain window.

Before:


After:

Linking up to:
Home Stories A to Z * Dittle Dattle * Crafty Confessions * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Coastal Charm * Giggles, Glitz & Glam * A Bowl Full of Lemons * The DIY Showoff * House of Hepworths * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Bear Rabbit Bear * Somewhat Simple * Just a Girl * Organize and Decorate Everything * Remodelaholic * Sassy Sites * French Country Cottage * Under the Table and Dreaming * Tip Junkie * A Creative Princess * It's So Very Cheri *

Visit thecsiproject.com

Comments

  1. hi - over from '.....suburbia'.
    love that you've posted this - i was thinking of doing something very similar - awesome to see how it would possibly look with your great creations!
    thanks for the inspiration.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an easy fix!! Love that wall color too! Thanks for stopping by the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks amazing. I especially love that they are store bought curtains and you spiced them up so easily.
    I am pinning this for a future room redo.
    Thanks,
    Christina
    www.inspirationforcelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I was just about to hang some white blah curtains in my daughter's room - you have inspired me to dress them up a bit! Thanks!
    SaraG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the impact something so easy can make! Great pop of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous- What a great idea and such a nice touch!! Would love for you to come share your projects at Feathered Nest Friday sometime! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful detail that make the curtains look so upscale! Wonderful job! Have a great weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to dress up basic curtains! Love the pink/white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I also linked up with Just a Girl! Such a fabulous difference a little touch of embellishment makes! Great job! Hope to have you stop by sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there- just stopping back by to say thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ribbon!! I just think it really spices things up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room