Family Room Updates

I originally used solid pillows for the family room.  I liked them for a while but they were so plain and it was starting to bug me.  I started the hunt for fabrics that were the same colors but would add more dimension to the space.  I told you before going into a fabric store is overwhelming for me.  I start to grab everything I like but I usually walk out empty handed.

I had come across Online Fabric Store through an online search.  They have really good prices and have some of the same fabrics you would find in Joann's or Hancock.  It was good for me since I can search at my speed and not have to rush into buying something.  I found some Waverly fabric that I loved.  It uses the same blue tone but has a pattern.  It is the Chippendale Fretwork.  

I mixed this pattern with an Ikat pillow cover from Pottery Barn.  No, not an actual Pottery Barn pillow cover.  I made my own using one of their napkins.  No one says I can't have Pottery Barn look without the Pottery Barn price.  If you notice, most of their napkins and tablecloths coordinate with the pillow covers.





I also found this little faux leather stool at TJ Maxx on clearance.  I didn't know where I would use it but I couldn't resist the price at $5.  It was originally $50!  For right now, he's under the window.


TJ Maxx was having a MAJOR clearance that day.  I walked up and a lady had already claimed most of the furniture.  Upholstered chairs were marked $25 down from $150 and she had a couple nightstands that were also unbelievably low.  Had I been a few minutes earlier, they would have been mine.  I got a few other pieces as well.  I love clearance.  Now whenever I go in there, I hit the clearance section hoping someone got happy with the pricing gun again.

I also changed up the paintings in the breakfast area.  The before pictures were nice but they didn't have enough color.  We were able to find some that had blues and reds and worked with the modern feel of our home.

 






Now the reds and blues are mixing nicely in here.



Sharing with
The DIY Showoff * The Gunny Sack * Home Savvy A to Z * Homemaker on a Dime * Tough Cookie Mommy * Today's Creative Blog * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Between Naps on the Porch * Debbiedoo's * Be Colorful * DIY Home Sweet Home * Skip to My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * The Girl Creative * Creating My Way To Success * Ninth Street Notions * Home Stories A to Z * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * A Diamond in the Stuff * Type A Decorating * Not Just A Housewife * Chef in Training * Clean and Scentsible * Petals to Picots * Blue Cricket Design * Savvy Southern Style * Ginger Snap Crafts * DIY by Design * Sweet Peas and Bumblebees * Happy Hour Projects * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Rae Gun Ramblings * Bear Rabbit Bear * 2805 * The Shabby Nest * Southern Lovely * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Ladybug Blessings * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * French Country Cottage * No Minimalist Here * Saved by Suzy * Primp * Momnivore's Dilemma * Meg and Mum's * Lovely Crafty Home * Tatertots and Jello * Positively Splendid * Embellishing Life * Thrifty Decor Chick * The BlackBerry Vine * Strictly Homemade * New Nostalgia * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Project Queen * Sweet Little Gals * Tough Cookie Mommy * It's Overflowing * Don't Waste Your Homemaking *

Comments

  1. Love that stool! What a great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, they definitely pull all of the colors in the room together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you through teh Monday Mingle... LOVE the colors you have used! I love TJ Maxx when I have time to look and browse through everything there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This family room came out great!! I would love for you to share this at my "Best of 2011" link party, along with any other posts you are most proud of from this year, at www.petalstopicots.com.
    ~Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cozy! thanks so much for sharing with my newbie party. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks nice!! Very inviting!
    Jen
    athomeinthenorthwest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Ikat pillow - they all look so great together. I came over from Between Naps on The Porch (Metamorphosis Monday)- you were right after me :) I love the idea of making pillow covers from napkins. I've used the fabric swatch samples at Joann's when they go on clearance. You can find so many fun patterns! Come visit me at http://frecklefaceathome.blogspot.com/

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love TJ Maxx! You got some great finds. Your color palette is very nice.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is so welcoming and warm:) I love the colors very inviting,Thanks Im a new follower!Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andrea, Thanks for linking up to my party! I am sure everyone is going to love to see this family room makeover. Happy New Year!
    ~Kara

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a very pretty family room. Super cute using the napkins! I love your rug.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. The room looks fabulous! love the reds and blues together!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Best wishes for a fabulous New Year 2012!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job...thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The patterned & more colorful pillows really pop against your more neutral background. They look very nice.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks great. Thank you for sharing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks very nice and cozy. I almost have the same sectional as yours! Visiting from TT&J!
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  17. great buys and those fabrics for the pillows are so on trend. Love them. Thanks so much for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific project!

    Thank you for for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it- thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it SO MUCH!!! I'm so with you on searching out those amazing deals! Thanks for linking up at Overflowing with Creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room