Craft Stick Snowmen

I'm excited to share a fun and easy Christmas project you can do with the kiddos.  My daughter loves any kind of crafting so this is something she was happy to join along in.



Let's get started. 



You will need
craft sticks
white craft paint
brush 
black marker
felt or fabric 
scissors
glue
string


1. Start by painting the craft sticks white.  
2. Cut small squares of felt to use for the hats.  Cut small strips at the top so the hats will look fringed.  
3. Wrap the felt around the tops of the sticks and secure with glue.  Tie a piece of string around it.  
4. Cut small strips of fabric and tie around the snowmen necks so they become scarves.  
5. Using a marker, draw the faces and buttons down the front.  I used small strips of orange paper to make the noses.
 

Aren't they cute?  Something you can have the kids do without too much mess.  They would make good ornaments or fridge magnets.

 

Sharing with
I Heart Naptime * Under the Table and Dreaming * CRAFT * Be Colorful * Lines Across * Making The World Cuter * Keeping it Simple * Sew Can Do * Sew Chatty * The Dedicated House * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * The Gunny Sack * Diana Rambles * Hi Sugarplum * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Crafty Confessions * Home Stories A to Z * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Ginger Snap Crafts * DIY by Design * Lil Luna * Organize and Decorate Everything * Savvy Southern Style * Sew Much Ado * Southern Lovely * Someday Crafts * House of Hepworths * A Glimpse Inside * Bear Rabbit Bear * Delightful Order * Momnivore's Dilemma * Fireflies and Jellybeans * The 36th Avenue * It's So Very Cheri * Between Naps on the Porch * Marvelously Messy * Shanty 2 Chic *

Comments

  1. These are so adorable! Oh, the things we can do with craft sticks! ;-) I love their sweet little hats. Thanks for sharing this fun DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Pinned this so I could remember to do it with my day care kids. Visiting from The Gunny Sack link party. www.utahmunchies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! My daughter will have a blast making them!! I'd love to invite you to link them up at my Preschool Christmas Party linky (http://preschoolpowolpackets.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-party-linky.html) too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and easy! I'll definitely do this with the kiddos this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. Just perfect for kids to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these cute little snowmen!!

    would love it if you share this on my link party @ www.serenityyou.com

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room