Garland Christmas Trees

I always see nice tabletop decorations but refuse to spend an arm and a leg on a piece that won't sit out but a month.  I wanted something festive and sparkly for the dining table and decided I can make my own.



I grabbed some garland from the dollar store and rolled up some poster board to make my own tree forms.  Using hot glue, I started at the top and rolled the garland around the sides, gluing every couple inches.



Now I have three trees for cheap.  The blue and silver one is my favorite.
 

I set them on the dining table.  Here are the silver ones.


And the blue and silver one on the other end.
 

I mixed some red along with the blue in my table to pull the colors from the rest of the downstairs.  I grabbed the blue chargers in Michaels last week.  The centerpiece is a glass vase with silver and blue balls.  A small wreath with red berries sits at the base.  I kept the smaller vases and candles on the sides.
 

There are more tweaks I want to make to the table but this has got me started.
 

Have you set your Christmas table yet?

 

Sharing with
Ginger Snap Crafts * DIY by Design * Lil Luna * Organize and Decorate Everything * Savvy Southern Style * Sew Much Ado * Someday Crafts * House of Hepworths * A Glimpse Inside * Bear Rabbit Bear * Delightful Order * The 36th Avenue * I Heart Naptime * It's Overflowing * It's So Very Cheri * Keeping It Simple * Between Naps on the Porch * Be Colorful * Lines Across * Making the World Cuter * Marvelously Messy * Sew Can Do * Skip to My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * The Dedicated House *

Comments

  1. I love the addition of blue in the color scheme, and it is a stunning shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! The Dollar Store is great for projects like this. I really like where you're table is going, too -- keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, blue and silver are my favorite colors. And its a decorating project I can actually afford! Thanks for the tutorial, pinning it to try later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and cute!! I would love for you to link this post to my Tasty Thursdays linky party going on right now. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/12/tasty-thursdays-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought some poster board today to make some trees! Yours are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! The silver especially reminds me of those retro tinsel trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Andrea! Just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring your garland trees in my Christmas Project round-up tomorrow. I love them!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room