Hall Bathroom Is Done!

I finally finished.  It's probably been finished for a while.  I had some pieces but hadn't put them in the room yet.  What I thought would take me a month or so took a few months.  I see what I want it to look like in my head but sometimes the pieces don't always fall into place like I want them to.  I think I was over thinking things.  This bathroom doesn't need to be fancy or over the top.  It's going to be for my son and any guests that we do have over.  I want simple and fresh.  So here goes.


I love the soft blue-gray in this room.  It makes it light and airy in here.  Now that the mirror is framed, it pops off instead of blending into the walls.  I went with a white frame to keep the colors light.  I almost went dark but changed my mind last minute in the store.  All the bathroom mirrors are framed now and make such an improvement in the look of the bathroom itself.  More of a finished look instead of a builder basic piece.


In the end, I decided to keep the cabinet color as is.  Later on I can change if I feel the need but for now I like them against the light blue walls.  I thought about going dark or even gray.  To be honest, I think the decision to not paint them was the thought of doing the work itself.


To help bring out the gray in the walls, I went with gray towels.  I didn't want to do anything too bright since it is the boy's bathroom.


I went with nickel towel rings and towel bar.


I found this cute vase at Ikea and thought it would be the perfect little accent to the blue and gray.  The decorative sticks also came from Ikea.  They have a soft scent to them which gives a nice smell to the room.

 

The small tray was added to corral the items on the sink.  It works perfectly for the soap pump and my re-used candle holders.
 

There's my spray painted light fixture.  It looks better than before and works until a new one gets put in.


Towel rings went on both sides of the vanity.  I went back and forth on this in my head.  I thought about only putting one ring but since there are two sinks and potentially there could be two people washing hands at the same time, I went ahead and put two.  Over thinking again.


And for the bathing area.  You can see I didn't go with any of the shower curtain options I showed you before.  I saw this one from West Elm and had to have it.  It was fun with the pattern but still had the gray that I wanted.  I think I had about five shower curtains already before I saw this one.  I just noticed it's on sale for super cheap now.  Bummer, because I bought mine months ago before it was marked down so low.

 


I found this cute printable and framed it for a clean look over the toilet.


 

Let's see a before picture shall we?

  

Nice new look with some paint and accessories.


Sources:
Shower curtain / West Elm
White towel / Kohl's
Gray hand towels / TJ Maxx
Towel rings and bar / Target
Sink tray / Target
Toiletry holders / DIY
Soap pump / Bed, Bath and Beyond
Yellow and white vase / Ikea
Decorative sticks / Ikea
Light / DIY



Sharing with
Under the Table and Dreaming * It's So Very Cheri * DIY Showoff * Momnivore's Dilemma * Between Naps on the Porch * Creatively Living * Homecoming * CRAFT * Lines Across * Uncommon Designs * Making the World Cuter *Marvelously Messy * Sew Can Do * Skip to My Lou * The Dedicated House * Dream A Little Bigger * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * A Bowl Full of Lemons * A Stroll Thru Life * Homework * Ladybug Blessings * New Nostalgia * Sugar Bee Crafts * The Winthrop Chronicles * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * Clean and Scentsible * Home Stories A to Z * Not Just a Housewife * A Glimpse Inside * A Creative Princess * Embracing Change * Glamorous, Affordable Life * The 36th Avenue * House of Rose * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Just Us Four * The Answer is Chocolate * 504 Main * Finding Fabulous * Tatertots and Jello * Thrifty Decor Chick * Savvy Southern Style * Handy Man Crafty Woman * The Blissful Bee * Someday Crafts * Tip Junkie *

Comments

  1. Love the new colors. Everything looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update! It's amazing what some new accessories can do. We used to have a similar sink setup in our last home and put two towel rings up as well. I figured if I only had one towel ring, I wouldn't want to have to reach over and/or drip on the countertop if I washed my hands in the sink further away from the ring (hopefully that makes sense!). Anyway, nice job!

    Tricia
    http://designandcanines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea - LOVE the grey! Simple updates sometimes the best. The room is calm and lovely and the trim around the mirror makes the biggest impact! Great job!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Your bathroom has a spa feel now. :) Love the framed out mirror - it adds so much to the room for such a simple change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job, beautifully done! P.S. I found you through the link party on
    http://amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job ~ love all the colours you chose and the accessories. Lucky son + guests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bathroom looks great. I really like the grey and white colour combo, we did the same colour combination in our bathroom renovation. Its modern and clean and if you want to add a pop of colour you can just change it up by adding coloured towels or a vase of fresh flowers. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of the bathroom. That shower curtain LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bathroom looks wonderful. The colors work so well together and makes the space flow so nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room