Yes To The Desk!

Happy Monday!  It was great to get the kids off to school this morning!  School was out four of the five days last week due to snow.  Mind you they were out the week before for winter break.  They were stuck home with me except for Thursday and Friday when I took them to the office with me so I could get some work done...and get out of the house.  I was going stir crazy and I'm pretty sure the kids were tired of me too.

Anyway, I took a trip to Ikea on Friday to grab the desk I wanted from the start.  My husband wasn't set on it at the beginning so I never bought it.  I was trying to find options that we both loved.  I originally bought an espresso desk from Target that I liked and come to find out, he didn't.  So I then ordered this desk because I liked the industrial look of it, also from Target, but I wasn't crazy about the patchwork top.

So it was back to this one.  I had to convince hubby to like it, but in the end he likes it too.  I went with the Lerberg trestle legs and Linnmon glossy white top.  Together they look perfect.  I wanted to mix the gray and white instead of doing an all dark piece.


It was actually hubby's call to go with the glossy top instead of the plain white one.  Good choice I think.


So glad this part of the room is nearing completion.  I've got more work to do on the main side.  Still trying to decide on a new headboard or working with what I've got.

lamp: Ikea
plant pot and plant: Ikea
chair: Target
cross: Hobby Lobby

Check out other projects in the master bedroom:
Master Bedroom Plan
DIY Fabric Trimmed Curtains
New Plan
Progress
 
 
You're reading Yes To The Desk! by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. I'm glad to see your master is coming along. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamp goes great with the desk. I too like the contrast with the legs against the glossy white. Good picks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this desk too! (Great minds think alike!) I also went with the glossy top and love it. I still need to find a pretty chair. Love yours!

    -Erin @ DIY on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room