It's Time for the Master

It's time we finally get our master bedroom together.  Most of the other rooms have been finished so I decided it was time to make our room our sanctuary.

Last time I shared our bedroom was here and here.
  
We painted the walls a light greige and pretty much left it alone.  There's blank slate to work with.

Here are some ideas I put together.
 

We have the necessary furniture like the bed and dresser.  I would love to add a gray upholstered headboard if I can find one we afford.  I missed out on one at Target last week.  It was on clearance online and I waited too long to jump on it.  As in the next day.  I checked the very next day and someone else took it.  I know.  I'm still kicking myself.  I should know better by now.  We have new bedding but I'm trying to think of an excuse to get something else.  I want to add a photo gallery around the wall mounted TV above the dresser.

I want to add a drum chandelier overhead.  There's currently a builder's standard bowl light now.  A drum would be so much more romantic and moody.  It would also look good with our trey ceiling.

We have a large seating area that is currently not being used.  A pair of chaise lounges or chairs and ottomans are ideal.  It would be a great place to read a book or for me to work on my laptop when I don't feel like going into the office.  Right now I tend to work at the kitchen counter or sit on the bed.  We have both wanted a large floor mirror for a while so I'm thinking it could go in this space.

Can't wait to get this room started.  It's been a long time coming.  We deserve a space all our own to wind down at the end of the day.

 
You're reading It's Time for the Master by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Just Us Four* Remodelaholic * The Answer is Chocolate * The Shabby Nest * Thrifty Decor Chick * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Classy Clutter * Tatertots and Jello *

Comments

  1. Hello Andrea & Happy New Year! I hear you on decorating the master - even though mine is too small to call a master, I added a few decorative changes over the holiday break. The colors you chose are soothing...I'm feeling the hints of blue. Can't wait to see the finished space!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room