3D Butterfly Art


I've been wanting to change up the art on my daughter's wall.  I wanted something inexpensive.  I pinned this and this on Pinterest a while back and figured I'd get around to it one day, like everything else I pin.  I pulled it back up last week to see what all I would need.  I saw it would require me to but a butterfly punch.  I saw one in Michael's for $9.99 but with a coupon it would have been $5.99.  I couldn't justify spending that much on something I might only use for this one project.  So I hand cut 24 butterflies.  I drew a shape I liked and traced it 24 times.


It was easy to fold the squares in half and cut both sides of the butterfly at once.  They had to be folded in half anyway.  I laid them out in the pattern I wanted them and then created a grid on printer paper.  I wanted them to be equally spaced.  I went back and added the dots exactly what each butterfly would go.

  
I put another paper on top and lightly marked where the dots were on the original paper.


To attached them, I simply put a tiny dot of white glue on the folded edge of the butterfly and stuck it to the paper.


After gluing them all down, I stuck it in a white frame but didn't put the glass back in.  This allows the butterflies to be 3D.


This piece replaced one of the dragonflies already on the wall.




This project turned out to be free.  I already had the frame, scrapbook paper, and glue.  That's my kind of project.



Sharing with
Making the World Cuter * Homemaker on a Dime * The DIY Showoff * Positively Splendid * Tatertots and Jello * The Gunny Sack * Home Savvy A to Z * Keeping It Simple * Between Naps on the Porch * Craftomaniac * Skip To My Lou * Be Colorful * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * Marvelously Messy * CRAFT * Mad in Crafts * DIY Home Sweet Home * Polly Want a Crafter * The Girl Creative * It's So Very Cheri * So Very Creative * Creating My Way To Success * Singing Three Little Birds * Lines Across * I Heart Naptime * Flamingo Toes * Nifty Thrifty Things * Home Stories A to Z * Today's Creative Blog * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Not Just a Housewife * Ginger Snap Crafts * DIY by Design * Savvy Southern Style * Clean and Scentsible * It's Overflowing * House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * The Shabby Creek Cottage * 2805 * Delightful Order * Somewhat Simple * Fireflies and Jellybeans * Tales from Bloggeritaville * Momnivore's Dilemma * Under the Table and Dreaming * Positively Splendid * Tatertots and Jello * Thrifty Decor Chick * Seven Thirty Three * A Little Tipsy * Chef in Training *

Comments

  1. I love your butterfly art! And the whole display looks great together! ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty and feminine!! I'll bet she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!! I've done one of these for my boyfriend's sister. She loved it!

    Please us at
    WhimsicallyHomemade

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! What patience you have to hand-cut all of these butterflies! Your daughter must love her gallery wall. What a wonderful mix of patterns and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterfly art!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love that they are 3D. The mix of colors is so adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable idea. Love simple and free ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the colorful papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and colorful. Happy you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    P.S. I'd like to invite you back to check out my new blog makeover and to enter my current giveaways!! Have an excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your lovely art at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Thanks for inspiring me this week!
    ~Julie @ Singing Three Little Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute project! I love the whole wall of art. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable!! Thanks for linking up! Have you registered for my giveaway?

    Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! I love all of the artwork on your daughter's gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room