Paper Mache Letters


I've been wanting some "EAT" letters in my kitchen but just haven't gotten around to buying them.  I saw this on Pinterest one day and pinned it to my project board.  I could do that.  I have cardboard laying around and paper mache is easy, I think.  It's been a while.

I started by choosing a font I liked in Word and made the letters really big.  I cut them out and traced them onto cardboard.  Remember, you need the front and back of the letters.



Cut strips of a cereal box to create the depth of your letters and tape to the front and back.



After constructing, it's time to paper mache.  I mixed one cup of water with one cup of flour.  Rip some newspaper into strips, I used a phonebook.  Dip the newspaper into the mixture and cover your letters.  Allow to dry completely.  I only used one layer but you could do another if you feel like it.


After my letters were dry, I painted them with red craft paint.






Voila!  Some DIY for the kitchen.  Think of all the letters you could make.

 

Sharing with
Under the Table and Dreaming * Making The World Cuter * The DIY Showoff * It's Overflowing * Positively Splendid * Tatertots and Jello * Lines Across * Home Savvy A to Z * Tough Cookie Mommy * Homemaker on a Dime * I Heart Naptime * Be Colorful * Between Naps on the Porch * CRAFT * Craftomaniac * Keeping it Simple * Marvelously Messy * Mad in Crafts * Sew Can Do * Sew Chatty * Skip to My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * DIY Home Sweet Home * Today's Creative Blog * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Chef in Training * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * Giggles Glitz and Glam * Home Stories A to Z * Kammy's Korner * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen * Reasons To Skip The Housework * Strictly Homemade * Type A Decorating * Southern Lovely * Ginger Snap Crafts * Savvy Southern Style * DIY by Design * Clean and Scentsible * House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * Remodelaholic * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Singing Three Little Birds * Young House Love * Bower Power * Ten June * Centsational Girl *

Comments

  1. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!! def very very cute and creative!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great, easy and frugal! my style! luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have guessed these are made from cereal boxes! :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also want to put up an eat sign in my kitchen, this is great! Thanks for the tutorial! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's incredible. I would have never come up with that idea. Thanks for sharing. Just stopping by from Between Naps on the Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are SOOO cute! Reminds me of some vintage "EAT" letters I saw on a wall somewhere...
    I would love for you to come share this at my linky party, Cowgirl Up! going on right now!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work on the letters. They came out great! Best wishes, and following on linky. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I never would have thought of making my own! They look great! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark. I'll be featuring these on my Facebook page. Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive. I wouldn't have thought to create those letters from scratch. Love that they are made of paper. Aren't you something! :D Thanks for sharing on this week's Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Glad to have you at Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great result - very cute! I've been wanting to do this for awhile now and you've inspired me to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

    Kelly @ herringbone lane

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so clever, Andrea! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome! I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing this and your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found you on House of Hepworth's, and I just have to say - I love this idea. I'm racking my brain for a place to put it in our little apartment, because it's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found you on House of Hepworths. Your letters turned out great. I"m in need of some large letters right now and just may need to try this. Your blog is fab and I just followed, can't wait to see what else you are up to.
    xo...mONICa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute...love it. I even liked it with just the newspaper print still showing. I'm now following you on LF...hope you'll come visit me too! Little Bit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room