West Elm Inspired Frame

I was browsing Pinterest the other night and came across this cute frame from West Elm.  I clicked the link to see if it was still available.  No, it isn't.  Bummer.  I actually liked the black and white graphic front.


Well guess what, I can make my own.  


I had one of these wooden frames from Michael's in my craft stash.

 

 I gave it a couple coats of white paint.

 

You can see here where I used a ruler and drew the lines like the original frame.  I was sure to shade the areas that would get paint so I wouldn't confuse myself.
  
I painted the shaded areas with black.  I painted free hand with no tape.  When it was dry, I gave it a coat of mod podge to seal everything in.  It also gave the frame a little sheen.  It is the perfect frame to put a photo of two of my favorite people.

 



 
The black and white pattern works for this little table.

  

How about a side by side?  Such a cheap and simple project.
 


You knocked off anything lately?



Sharing with
Ginger Snap Crafts * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Life With The Crust Cut Off * Seven Thirty Three * So Much Ado * Simply Designing * Someday Crafts * The Blissful Bee * 52 Mantels * A Glimpse Inside * Glamorous Affordable Life * Embracing Change * It Happens In A Blink * No Minimalist Here * The Shabby Nest * Finding Fabulous * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * House of Rose * Liz Marie Blog * Just Us Four * Remodelaholic * The Answer is Chocolate * Simply Sweet Home * The Grant Life * Whipperberry * Classy Clutter * Under the Table and Dreaming * DIY Showoff * Between Naps on the Porch * CRAFT * DIY Home Sweet Home * Homecoming * Keeping It Simple * Skip To My Lou * Crafty Confessions * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * The Gunny Sack * The Winthrop Chronicles * Clean and Scentsible * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. That's perfect! I haven't knocked off anything lately, but I am always inspired by others that do (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love a simple but stylish DIY project. Your frame turned out great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheap and simple project,great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea! I'm in charge of activities for our moms and tweens group at church and this would be fun and cute for the girls! Visiting from a glimpse inside blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! And I like yours better than West Elm's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to let you know I featured your frame from last weeks Whimsy Wednesday! You can see the post here...

    http://www.ohmy-creative.com/home/diy-details-stylish-home/

    Hope to see you again tonight!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute!!! I love this frame!!! Yours looks better than the West Elm version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great result and your models are pretty adorable. Wanted to let you know I'm featuring this when my link party opens up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted you to know, I loved this so much it's being featured on The DIY'ers today! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-diyers-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I was just rooting through my craft stash and found one of those unfinished frames as well! I love that you shaded the parts to paint. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one often confused by striped patterns :) Your children are adorable!
    Erin @ diypassion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room