DIY Placemat Pillow

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what pillow formation I want to use on our bed in the master.  I've been searching online for fabrics and even Etsy for pillow covers.  I showed you a while ago the pillow cover I liked at West Elm but it sold out before I could get my hand on it.


Well last week I was walking though Target.  On a last minute whim, I walked through the kitchen linens.  They had a great assortment of cloth napkins and tablecloths.  I came across a few I liked and grabbed them up.


I loved the patterns on these and the two fabrics coordinate perfectly.  I knew throw pillows were in order.

To make them I grabbed my seam ripper and a few old toss pillows I had stuffed in a closet and wasn't using anymore.  I started by using the seam ripper to open a side seam.  I made the hole just big enough to get my hand in.


I opened an old pillow and removed the stuffing.  I fluffed it up some and stuck it into my new pillow.  After the pillow was stuffed to my liking, I stitched the hole back up.  I now had a simple toss pillow.  You can see it coordinates with the chevron pillow I already had.


I like the pillow in the family room too.  With my accent color being blue throughout the house, I can use it anywhere.




Simple pillow right?  I always try to think outside the box when looking for fabric.  It could come in sheets, napkins, placements, and tablecloths.

Check out my napkin pillow covers here.


Check out the progress in the master bedroom:
Master Bedroom Plan
DIY Fabric Trimmed Curtains
New Plan
Progress
New Desk
DIY Acrylic Tray 
Bedding Options
White Pintuck Bedding

 
You're reading DIY Placemat Pillow  by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
The 36th Avenue * DIY Showoff *

Comments

  1. This is amazing, and so much simpler than I expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great idea! Sometimes we have a lot of placemats at home that we don't use. Now I know that I can recreate them into pillow covers. Isn’t that a very brilliant? Thank you very much for sharing it with us, Andrea! :)

    Melissa Robinson @ Pillow Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are totally awesome! You did a wonderful job, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pillow look so happy! I love it. So handy! Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room