Shiplap

Raise your hand if you love Joanna Gaines and her love of shiplap.  Me. Me. Me.  Since the show Fixer Upper debuted two years ago, I have seen so many room makeovers using shiplap.  But who can blame people for using it.  It adds texture to a wall and an old feel to the roomSo what exactly is shiplap you ask?  According to Wikipedia, shiplap is a type of wooded board commonly used in the construction of barns, sheds, and outbuildings.

Here are some rooms where Joanna has used shiplap in her designs.





 I did a little searching and there are other homeowners that are just as smitten with shiplap as Joanna.

  source

source 

source

 source

source

source

They all look great.  From reading so many of the steps in these projects, there are several ways of going about creating your own shiplap wall.  My husband and I had discussed doing this in our master bedroom last year.  I guess it's still a possibility.
What's your takeIs shiplap a hit or miss for you?
 
 
You're reading Shiplap by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Comments

  1. Hi Andrea! I really like the look, I've considered it in my home but haven't taken the plunge yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the look, although it's not usually my thing! It's quite understated and doesn't overpower the room, which I like!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room