Modern Industrial Boy Room Reveal

How did Monday get here so fast?  The weekend flew by.  It was 60 degrees and sunny here.  It was so nice to get out and enjoy the warm weather with the kids.

I finished my son's big boy room!  I love it and he loves it.  He was so happy when he first slept in his new bed.  He was outgrowing the crib so it was time to go bigger.  I kept the same color palette except I swapped light blue for navy blue and a few touches of green.  I'll quit talking and let the pictures do their thing.

 

I really wanted to keep the bed espresso.  I like the dark wood against the lighter gray wall.  I found this beadboard headboard at Big Lots.  It has the perfect lines and color.


I knew I wanted to add the metal letter above the bed.  It adds some industrial to the room.  I told you the first purchase for the new room was the bedding.  I think the navy stripes go so well with the gray walls.  I brought the H&M chevron pillow in from the loft.  It goes so much better in here anyway.


I love how much light his room get during the day.  It's so bright.


You can see I kept the ribbon trimmed light.  I still love it so it stayed.  Why get rid of a perfectly good light?

 

 

On one side of the room is the Trofast inherited from his sister and the DIY engineer print.  The Trofast is great storage and holds all those little pieces like legos and hot wheels cars.
 


On the other side of the room is his reading corner.  I decided to keep the Ikea chair since it is comfy and it gives him a place to sit and read his books.  The crates were kept from the nursery as well but I added words to the front with paint.



 
Across from his bed is his dresser topped with a fun gallery wall.  I removed the shelf that was there before which I dreaded because I knew I would have to patch those huge holes from the wall anchors.  I stayed with the color palette while still trying to add more industrial pieces.


It's a mix of framed prints, my DIY arrow, and painted letters and numbers.  It was easy to find prints.  I just googled free printables and a boatload came up.  I made the Be Brave, Don't Worry, and Car prints.  The Map and Arrows were found online.  I added in an orange K for his name, a green 2 since he's the second child, a small round mirror, and cardboard key painted to look like metal.



The corner shelf also stayed.  I added a few more things to it like the Hello Handsome print I made, my DIY sphere, and a truck canvas from TJ Maxx.




There you have it.  What do you think?  Do you love it as much as I do?

Go here for a full list of room sources.

 
You're reading Modern Industrial Boy Room Reveal by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
DIY Showoff * View From the Fridge * Creatively Living * I Should be Mopping the Floor * Keeping It Simple * Sew Can Do * Skip to My Lou * Between Naps on the Porch * Creating My Way to Success * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * A Stroll Thru Life * Flamingo Toes * Sugar Bee Crafts * Ladybug Blessings * Home Stories A to Z * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Elizabeth and Co * Homework * New Nostalgia * The Winthrop Chronicles * The Dedicated House * Ginger Snap Crafts * DIY by Design * Savvy Southern Style * Simply Designing * The Blissful Bee * DIY on the Cheap * Embracing Change * The Answer is Chocolate * A Glimpse Inside * Design Dining Diapers * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. What an AWESOME room make over! I love the print on the wall and the colors you used!!!!!!!!

    You are such a ROCK STAR!

    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this room! I think that DIY engineering print is especially perfect for little boys. I love things like that for the way they can inspire learning and be interesting to boys without being cartoonish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great room for a growing boy! I too love the combination of espresso furniture on light gray walls - such a classic combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little boys room. You did a nice job. I love your color choices. They are great together, and look perfect for a boy's room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love how it definitely says "boy" but it's not crazy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the K, my sons name begins with a K and I've been eyeing a similar one at PB.. waiting for a sale. Congrats on a room done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this bedroom! The colors, the simplicity yet fun! Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Cute!! We have the same comforter for my boys! it's just so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love the pops of orange. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. We are wanting to redo our boys room with that industrial feel. This is great inspiration! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great room - so fresh and modern! Featured at Be Inspired this morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room