10 Fabulous Ikea Hacks

I'm starting to become a regular at the good ole Ikea.  That store has so many great pieces for cheap.  I have noticed though since being a blogger, that many of us have some of the same pieces in our home, like the Expedit or Rast.  It makes me smile when I come across a blog where someone has taken a simple Ikea piece and added something to it to make it their own.

After adding some wood to the legs, Matsutake turned this Ikea Ingo into a beautiful piece.
 

The Painted Hive turned an Ikea Moppe Drawer into a gorgeous card file drawer.
 

I've seen many Rast hacks but this two toned look from Little House Blog is one of my faves.
 

How many of us haven't seen a Billy bookcase turned into a built in bookshelf like Just a Girl?  Ever since I saw this, I've been wanting to add built ins somewhere.

I love how I Heart Organizing turned a small Expedit into seating for her playroom.

Centsational Girl took a Vittsjo and made it a shelf for her kids' study.

The Sweet Beast made a dipped beauty out of a Svalbo.

I have been wanting to DIY a rug for the longest.  The Erslev is the perfect thing.  It's exactly what Cape 27 used to create this chevron rug.

DMC Studios took a plain white chair and used paint and decoupage to create this beauty.

I would love to create this play kitchen from Ikea parts as seen on Apartment Therapy.

I've got a few pieces around that I would love to hack.  What about you?  Done any hacking lately?

 

Comments

  1. Decorating home with lkea peaces are really the great idea. I have seen many houses in which such kind of lkea pieces are shown. You should arrange these pieces in such a way that your house looks great.
    Decorating ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with Ikea hacks myself. And those are some of my favorites as well.
    Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room