Countdown To Christmas: Snowman Advent

The kid has been asking about Christmas.  The Toys R Us book came a few weeks ago and I can't tell you how many times she's looked through it and told me how many things she needs from it.  Really?  A four year old needing a three story Barbie house?  I guess.

Since she's so excited this year, I decided to let her make her own countdown calendar.  I like the one from last year but we really didn't put it to use.  We didn't stick with the activities and ended up in the closet.  So here's what I came up with. 


I traced two circles from poster board and glued them together.  She glued on googly eyes, a nose, a hat from scrapbook paper, and drew on a mouth.  Simple and I feel better that this one will actually get used daily.  I hung it on the refrigerator for easy access.

Each day, starting with December 1, a cotton ball get's glued on the day's number.  By Christmas eve, the snowman will be full and fluffy and the next morning is Christmas.  I explained to her how it would work and she immediately asked if was Saturday yet so she could get the first one on.  Yes people, Saturday is December 1st.  I can't believe it either.  

How are you counting down the days with your kids?

 

Sharing with
Bear Rabbit Bear * House of Hepworths * Five Days Five Ways * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * The Shabby Nest * Just Us Four * Happy Hour Projects * At The Picket Fence * 504 Main * One Artsy Mama * Simply Sweet Home * The Answer is Chocolate * I Heart Naptime * Under the Table and Dreaming * CRAFT * Making The World Cuter * Sew Can Do * Sew Chatty * The Gunny Sack * Lil Luna * Savvy Southern Style * Someday Crafts * Delightful Order *

Comments

  1. This is adorable! I love the idea of putting on the cotton balls. I love all of the advent calendar ideas I am seeing all over the blogs these days. :-) Thanks for showing us your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great idea!!

    www.wendymacdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!!! Pinning your sweet count down snowman:) I posted http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/12/doily-tree.html and up cycled denim stocking to delightful order:) New follower. Follow me too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room