Changing The Girl's Room Light

I told you last week we finally added ceiling lights to the secondary bedrooms.  That meant we got to pick out a pretty light for my daughter's room.  I had seen this one at Ikea before and knew I couldn't do anything with it at the time.  It would have to be plugged in and swagged just like the paper lantern that was previously in her room. 


While in Lowes getting some supplies, I saw this one.  It was almost identical.  The best part about it, it came with a canopy and could be installed at the ceiling light box.  This one is larger by about 5 inches and has one less row of petals.  Didn't matter to me.  It was perfect for her space.



It reminded me a lot of a flower and I knew my daughter would like it.  Girly but very modern.  I couldn't wait to get it up. 





With the light on...


I love the pretty glow at night.  I feel like my daughter's graduated a little into something a little more mature.  What do you think?

 

Sharing with
A Bowl Full of Lemons * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. The light looks fabulous. I think it works well in the room and is the perfect size. If I was a little girl, I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - looks like a glowing blossom. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this light I got one at Lowes and put it on our covered porch with a yellow bulb in it. It reminds me of a yellow water lily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room