DIY Flower Pots

A few weeks ago I stopped in Lowe's for some flowers.  We were actually there for my daughter.  She likes the kids' workshops on Saturdays.  When the workshop was over, we headed over to check out the flowers.  I needed some hanging baskets for the front porch.  It was a hot and muggy afternoon.  I intended to only look for a short time but me being me, I took my time debating back and forth on what flowers to get.  The kids were getting cranky and the meltdowns were about to begin.  I quickly made my selections and we checked out.

Well, those flowers I was so intent on getting sat on the front porch in their containers for weeks.  I still watered them but they I hadn't gotten around to actually transporting them into a flower pot.  I originally wanted to do a tiered pot arrangement, but it didn't happen.  So yesterday, I finally decided enough was enough.


I started out with some empty food cans.  I keep them because I never know when I might need them.  Moments like this I guess.


I used craft paints I already had on hand.  These colors would go perfectly with the new outdoor rug.


A few coats of white paint.


After the white dried, I free handed some stripes onto my cans.  No need to be perfect.


After the paint was dry, I nailed a few holes in the bottom of the cans to allow for water drainage.  I moved the flowers from their plastic pots into their new homes.




You can see how the paint colors I used tie in with the colors in the rug.




Such a simple project but it adds some color to the table.

 
You're reading DIY Flower Pots by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
A Creative Princess * Embracing Change * It Happens in a Blink * Tatertots and Jello * Thrifty Decor Chick * Hope Studios * Ladybug Blessings * New Nostalgia * Not Just a Housewife * Sugar Bee Crafts * The Gunny Sack * The Winthrop Chronicles * Tiny Sidekick * The Shabby Nest * Just Us Four * Liz Marie Blog * The 36th Avenue * The Answer is Chocolate * The Grant Life * DIY Showoff *

Comments

  1. I love how these turned out! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing at The Makers! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks so cute and easy to make. I would love it if you would share a post on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!
    http://jennymaire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room