A Fabric Field Trip

Since the girl's room is almost finish, I wanted to venture away from that for a second.  But believe me I have been working very hard to get this room done.  I'll show you when I'm done, I promise.

I have been thinking about curtains for the formal living and dining room and maybe some new throw pillows for the family room.  I had been to Hancock and Joanns but none of those fabrics spoke to me.  I came across Calico Corners online.  They had some nice stuff, much nicer than what I was used to seeing.  I looked up store locations and saw there was one near me.  Woop woop, field trip!!!  I made my way there and as soon as I entered the doors I was in awe.  The fabrics are g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s.

I love these bold patterns.

Kalah
Bocce
Twist


There was a chair on display that should have went home with me that was upholstered with this fabric.  Hubby would have killed me if I spent $1000 on a chair.

Tilbury
It would play so nicely with my other furniture.  A girl can dream right?

My curtains in the family room are blue and brown so I want to keep the same base color throughout the rest of the main floor.  I have really started to like the Dwell Studio fabrics and they had some great patterns.  I could so see these as pillows in the family room.


Vintage Blossom
Gate

I saw this and thought it would be a good curtain for the 2 formal rooms.  It has the blue that we are using now but it also brings in the red from the rug.


Noisette
I also saw this that would go with the blues as well. 


Romano


I left the store with a few samples.  All the fabrics were beginning to overwhelm me.  Too many choices of beautifulness.  Yep, that's a word.  I would love to use some pattern as curtains but I ask myself, "Would I tire of it quickly?", "Am I picking the right one?"  I tend to play it safe and use solid curtains and use the pattern for the throw pillows.  I see so many great inspiration pictures of rooms with patterned curtains but I chicken out.  I also wanted to try to sew my own curtains so the thought buying expensive fabric just to take it home and ruin it scares me.  I think I'll stick to pillows for right now.  At least I can no-sew those.  Not sure when I'll even get to the formal rooms.  So many projects in my head!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Comments

  1. I like the vintage blossom...I saw a tablecloth on Target online that looked really similar...I think it had birds on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, wishing we had a Calico Corners close to where I live! Those fabrics are all so pretty!

    I like the idea of using the Noisette fabric one to bring in some additional colors, but I can also totally identify with the idea of playing it safe with curtains ... we still have 1980's teal in our living room because I'm incapable of making a decision about what color/pattern I'd be able to live with long enough to justify the cost of new ones. Such a frustrating situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get overwhelmed with fabric too. So many wonderful choices!! I'm also a chicken when it comes to patterned curtains...maybe we can overcome our fear together. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these and have several of them in my own home. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room