A Thanksgiving Printable


I normally don't decorate for Thanksgiving.  Since we're having guests over, I wanted to add a few items to make the place welcoming.  I've seen subway art around so I decided to give it a try at making my own.


Start by opening Picnik.comSince there is no way to open a blank document, you need to upload any photo.  Click upload a photo.  Since I wanted my document to be portrait, I uploaded a photo that was already in that format.



Once your picture is uploaded, select Stickers from the Edit tab.  Under the Geometric shape section, choose the rectangle.  The sticker is automatically horizontal so you may have to rotate it if your picture is portrait.  Enlarge the sticker to cover your uploaded photo and change the background color to your choice.


You can now begin to add your words.  Select Text from the Edit Tab.  Type in your word, choose the font, and click add.  You can change the color and size also.


Continue to add words of your choice changing up the colors and fonts and even the direction.


Once you have everything the way you want it, choose the Save & Share tab.  Name your printable and save to your computer.  Now you have a custom printable.


Here is the one I created for anyone interested.  I printed it as an 8x10 and put in a matted frame.


Here is is on my entry table.



 
Sharing With
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Home Stories A to Z * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Coastal Charm * Sugar Bee Crafts * Tip Junkie * Strictly Homemade * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Chef in Training * Don't Waste Your Homemaking * Type A Decorating * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * Project Queen * Today's Creative Blog * Debbiedoo's * Sweet Little Gals * Clean and Scentsible * Blue Cricket Design * Ginger Snap Crafts * Savvy Southern Style * DIY by Design * Sweet Peas and Bumblebees * Someday Crafts * The Thrifty Home * A Little Tipsy * House of Hepworth * Bear Rabbit Bear * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Remodelaholic * Sassy Sites *
Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. Love love love this and thank you SO MUCH for the detailed tutorial!! I am going to do this for every holiday. One question, you said you printed it as an 8 x 10...do you mean you sent it to a photo place to have THEM print it on photo paper or did you adjust the size and print it yourself on plain paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! Looks so cute too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your subway art. I have been adding to my Thanksgiving decorations this year and I think this will be such a fun addition!
    I would love it if you would share this at my "It's a Celebration" link party-too cute!
    Christina
    http://www.inspirationforcelebration.com/2011/11/its-celebration-link-party-november.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial! Love your art and the pop of blue with the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think this is lovely and so refreshing to see some colour. in so many ways. Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tutorial. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial! I keep trying to do this in Photoshop and quit because I'm not smart enough to use PS. Picnik I can handle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I love this Idea so much that I posted a link on Country Momma Cooks! Have a great Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent tutorial, beautiful subway art!! I am featuring this tomorrow at Strictly Homemade Tuesday. Thanks so much for sharing. Come by and pick up a feature button!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room