Personalized Glitter Ornaments

Once again, I am doing blue and silver for Christmas colors this year.  I re-used the ornaments from last year and added some more blue to fill in some of the empty spots.  I wanted it to look a little fuller.  This year I also wanted to start something new, putting a handmade ornament on the tree each year.  To go with the blue theme, I decided to add some blue glitter and a little personalization for each one of us.



I started with some clear plastic ornaments from Michaels, glitter, and floor cleaner.



Take the tops off each of the ornaments.  Pour a little floor cleaner into the ball and swirl around.  Pour out any excess cleaner.


Pour some glitter in the ball.  I made a funnel from paper to get it in the hole.  Put your finger over the hole and shake the glitter all around until it is evenly coated on the inside.



The next step was personalizing each one.  I wanted each family member to have an ornament.  I traced letters onto small strips of contact paper.  Using an exacto knife, cut out each letter and place on the ornament.
 

I used several coats of white craft paint to fill in my stencil and let dry.
 

Once the contact paper is peeled off, you have an ornament for each person.
 

They add some more blue and sparkle to the tree.  The light shines through a little since they're not solid.
 

Here's a look with the rest of the tree.


Hopefully this is a tradition we can keep up with.  Any personalized ornaments on your tree this year?



Sharing with
Keeping it Simple * Between Naps on the Porch * Be Colorful * Lines Across * Making The World Cuter * Marvelously Messy * Sew Can Do * Skip To My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * The Dedicated House * The Gunny Sack * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Crafty Confessions * Home Stories A to Z * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Today's Creative Blog * DIY Showoff * Bear Rabbit Bear * House of Hepworths * Shanty 2 Chic * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * The Shabby Nest * Five Days Five Ways *

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Sunburst In The Dining Room

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves