Side Table Makeover

Happy Monday good people!

Months back I found this cute little table in Target clearance.  Sometimes when I go in Target, I'm never really looking for anything but those red stickers always catch my attention.  I end up with a cart full of stuff that I had no intention of buying.  Anyway, I bought this table with the intention of using it in my daughter's room as a nightstand since it was pink.  I tried it in there but didn't really like it.  So instead of returning it, I kept it in hopes of using it somewhere else.

  

Since we are decorating the loft space, I decided to use it there.  The pink wasn't going to work so the color had to change.  I checked my spray paint collection for some blue and got to work.  There are a few screws underneath to remove the top from the wire frame so it was an easy job.


After a few coats of blue, the table looks great.

  

It's a great spot for a drink or the remote.  There isn't much room for a coffee table upstairs so it works perfectly.  I like the white top on it too.  It's laminate but will be easy to keep clean.


 

 

So glad I decided to keep this little table.  It's one of those impulse purchases but actually found a permanent spot in our home.

Have you made an impulse purchase lately?  Did you keep it or return it?

 

Sharing with
DIY Showoff * It's So Very Cheri * Between Naps on the Porch * CRAFT * Homecoming * Keeping it Simple * Thrifty Decor Chick * A Bowl Full of Lemons * A Stroll Thru Life * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Not Just a Housewife * New Nostalgia * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * The Winthrop Chronicles * The Blackberry Vine * The Gunny Sack * Clean and Scentsible * Ginger Snap Crafts * Savvy Southern Style * Sew Much Ado * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Someday Crafts * The Blissful Bee * The Dedicated House * A Creative Princess * A Glimpse Inside * Embracing Change * Glamorous Affordable Life * It Happens In A Blink * The Shabby Nest * House of Rose * Thirty Handmade Days * Just Us Four * 504 Main * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Remodelaholic * Delineate Your Dwelling * Tip Junkie * Tiny Sidekick *

Comments

  1. That worked out great - I love it when that happens! It looks nice next to the sofa with the colorful pillows. And I love to peruse the clearance stuff at Tarjay. usually I listen to my little voice regarding impulse buys. I almost always have a plan when I do give in, but sometimes, like yours, it morphs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue color you went with to spray paint it. And I TOTALLY walk out with a dozen red tag Target items! I'd love for you to stop by and share this project at our link party, if you haven't yet!

    http://www.delineateyourdwelling.com/2014/03/link-it-or-lump-it-no-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a funky side table and I love the legs on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way with the Target clearance aisles! Gotta stop by and check. :) I love the new blue color, it's one of my favorites. That's so convenient that it was screwed on there cause then you didn't have to tape anything off! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the turquoise, and I've seen these done with a gold base too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it much better in blue...it's such a fun little table!

    I found you at Tip Junkie and hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those red stickers at Target get me too! Love this little score you found and the color change is perfect. Thanks for sharing at The Makers!
    Corey @ TinySidekick.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room