Foyer Seating

Forever the space at the bottom of the stairs has been empty.  I have been looking for a nice bench to go there but have never found the perfect one.  Every week I make a few Target runs for diapers and things and I always make a quick dash for the home decor section.  You can probably tell by now Target is one of my favorite stores to visit.  I came across this storage ottoman that I had liked since it first came out.  It was small but I liked the pattern and the colors.


On this visit it was marked down to $20.99 from $69.99.  That's 70% off.  I love those little red stickers!  At that price it was meant to go home with me.  I had other things in the cart and the kids were with me so it was tough getting it all to fit.  I originally bought it with the intention of putting it in our loft but it ended up not working there.

At another Target the next week, I saw they had one of the same ottomans sitting by its lonesome.  It needed a playmate and it was waiting at my house.  I grabbed it up without even thinking twice.

Now they make the perfect sitting spot at the bottom of the stairs.  We can easily sit there to put on and take off shoes.  It has also become a drop spot for things that need to go upstairs.

 

I hung the DIY subway sign back up since removing the mirrors.  I love the pop of blue it brings.
 



One of the best things about them is that they open.  I can quickly throw things in that I don't want to see.  It never hurts to have extra storage around the house especially when you have little toys rolling around on the floor.
 


Every time I go in Target, I never know what deals I'm going to find.  I always check the clearance areas and use their Cartwheel app.  I'm always looking for ways to save a few extra dollars.

 

Sharing with
Delineate Your Dwelling * It's So Very Cheri * Under the Table and Dreaming * Between Naps on the Porch * Homecoming * Making the World Cuter * The Dedicated House * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * The Winthrop Chronicles * Ginger Snap Crafts * The Blissful Bee * Embracing Change * A Glimpse Inside * Glamorous Affordable Life * It Happens in a Blink * Remodelaholic * Just Us Four * Thrifty Decor Chick * Not Just a Housewife * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Homework * A Stroll Thru Life * Home Stories A to Z * The Gunny SackTiny Sidekick * Tip Junkie * New Nostalgia * Ginger Snap Crafts * DIY by Design * Tatertots and Jello *

Comments

  1. No way! You lucky girl! That is a real steal! they look great at the bottom of your stairs there, and how convenient that you can store things inside!!!
    I hope this made your week!!
    :)
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I do wait until something is on sale, Ill never pay full price especially from Target as sooner or later it will be marked down :) They look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great deal on some super cute seating! I love everything chevron so I would have jumped on that deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finds, love how they look there, functional too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty sitting area. I love decor that is also functional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those! So cute and functional! Coming over from Tiny Sidekick. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a score! I love the chevron and having a place to stash shoes right there is so perfect. Thanks for sharing at The Makers.
    Corey @ TinySidekick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a great find and what a pretty and functional foyer area!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room