DIY Magazine Files

On a recent trip to Ikea, I picked up a pack of the Flyt magazine files.  I wanted to add some storage to the master bedroom for our magazines and books.  They usually just end up in the floor next to the bed or in a corner when I'm tired of stepping over them.  I had purchased a shelf, also from Ikea, to house these books and other decorative items.


I want that workspace to look organized and not get cluttered since it is in our master bedroom, the place of rest and retreat right?  I figured adding scrapbook paper to the fronts of them will make them coordinate with the rest of the space without spending a ton of money.

These are the magazine files right out the pack.
  
They aren't real attractive on their own.  Just plain, white cardboard.
 

The white just wasn't going to work for me.  It was too stark.  To cover them, I simply traced the spines of them onto my scrapbook paper.
 

They look much better wrapped.  Well, not really wrapped.  I just covered the spines since that's all you'll see anyway.  They coordinate with the other objects on the shelf, which I'll show you soon.
 

Blue, blue, and more blue.  It's my go-to color.


One step closer to a finished room.

 
You're reading DIY Magazine Files by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Thrifty Decor Chick * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Home Stories A to Z * Homework *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room