A Start on the Loft

This room has been on the back burner for a while. We started a few years ago by buying a huge sectional since we were going to use it as our movie space. Movie posters were hung on the wall and I bought tons of movie reels to hang behind the sofa. That idea quickly fizzled.

We sold the huge sectional and got something more size appropriate for the space. It's a smaller sectional with chaise that allowed the kids to sprawl out and watch their TV or play video games. And we chose a darker color in microfiber just in case someone accidentally spilled something. #thatwouldneverhappenright



I recently won a giveaway on Instagram and received some beautiful carpet tiles from FLOR. The pattern and colors were perfect for this space. I was drawn to the blues and greens that flowed throughout the rest of the house. It's like it was meant to be. One of the things I was excited about with the tiles is that they are easy to clean. We all need that option with kids. Plus, they are free of harmful chemicals making them a safe choice for the home.

When I received the tiles, I tested them out in the family room since the colors were already a good fit. Hubby wasn't having it. He didn't care for the pattern. Too modern I guess? Oh well. Upstairs to the loft they go. The kids won't mind the pattern.

I knew I wanted some sort of ottoman for this space. The kids tend to lay on the floor when watching TV so it needed to be soft too. I searched and searched. I saw many small square storage ottomans but none good enough for me to pull the trigger. I came across the Stuff 'n Sit Bean Bag from CreativeQT on Instagram. Hmmm...looks like I'm on IG a lot huh? 


The Stuff 'n Sit is a pouf ottoman that you can fill with stuffed animals and other soft items. It can fit up to 50 animals! Do you know how much clutter that gets rid of? My daughter is a stuffed animal hoarder. She needed this years ago. I went with the green and white stripe to keep the fun colors going and pull some of the green from the new rug. I got one pour for each kid. I filled them up with stuffed animals, baby blankets I still had in drawers, and pillows from the linen closet. The kids were instantly amazed that all their belongings were in them and they were comfy enough to lounge on. If one of the kids need a blanket or missing that stuffed bear, they know where to find it. The poufs simply zip along the top for easy access.


I am well on my way with getting this area kid friendly. It's amazing how a feel items have already changed the atmosphere. Bright colors will do that to you I guess!

 
You're reading A Start on the Loft by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Comments

  1. It looks clean, and neat and fresh! Love the poufs that you stuff - so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Sunburst In The Dining Room

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves