Stained Wood Crates Take 2

My little guy needed some book storage.  I originally used the Ikea picture ledges but he pulled one of them down.  He was reaching for a book on the top shelf but tried to climb up the lower shelf to get it.  It came right down.  I didn't install them with wall anchors so it was bound to happen.  They were cute but not practical because the top shelf was out of reach for him.


So my new system is totally within his reach.  I re-used the wooden storage crates.  They were fine as they were but I wanted to add something to them for a little more presence.  I decided to label them.


Instead of finding a stencil to add my words, I simply free handed the letters and filled them in with white paint.  I painted one "Toys" and the other "Books".


 I sat them in front of the window for easy access.  They are the perfect height for him.  I kept the white Ikea chair. I went back and forth with it because I didn't think he needed a chair.  We rarely used it but I'm glad I kept it.  It looks good in the corner and makes a good space for him to read a book.  It's funny he already reads more just because the books are on his level and he can see them.



I've thought about adding casters to the bottoms but still haven't made my mind up.

What's your method for toy and book organization in the kids' rooms?

To follow along with this room:
Big Boy Room Plans

 
You're reading Stained Wood Crates Take 2 by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Life on Virginia Street * Bloom Designs * Embracing Change * The 36th Avenue * Thrifty Decor Chick *

Comments

  1. Oh, what a cute room and love those crates! What a great way to make them look great and still be practical...thanks for sharing at the Pretty Project Party!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Sunburst In The Dining Room

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves