Napkin Pillow Covers


I've been on the search for new pillow covers to refresh the family room.  I showed you some pillows last week and I've saved some on Etsy.  None of them I've pulled the trigger on.  Last week I made a run in Target and came across these clearance napkins.  There are four in a pack and are 20 inches squared.  I knew I could make pillow covers from them.  They were the color I was looking for and the pattern was cool too.  They were also on clearance.

  

I now like having pillow covers that are removable and can be washed, especially with kids.  I could have made envelope covers but zippers are more my thing now.  With an envelope closure, you can only use one side of the pillow.  A zippered closure allows for use of both sides.  Using this tutorial for zippered pillow covers, I made two new pillow covers for the family room.  Instead of buying new zippers, I took them off old pillow covers I was no longer using.  I've told you about stocking up on feather pillow inserts at TJ Maxx.  I had two ready to go in the closet.

On the left side I paired one with a gray and white pillow cover from H&M.


And on the right side it is paired with the green pillow cover from H&M.


They look great together on the sofa.  The new covers help bring in more blue along with the gray and green.



It took me a few minutes to get reacquainted with the sewing machine, but it was well worth it.



 

So glad I made a Target stop that day.  I was able to refresh the sectional for a total of $7.00, the price of the napkins.  I think I want to add one more pillow here to pull the colors all together.

Have you ever used napkins for pillows?


You're reading Napkin Pillow Covers by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
DIY Showoff * Under the Table and Dreaming * Delineate Your Dwelling * CRAFT * Keeping It Simple * Sew Can Do * Skip to My Lou * A Bowl Full of Lemons * A Stroll thru Life * Elizabeth and Co * Homecoming * Ladybug Blessings * Homework * New Nostalgia * Sugar Bee Crafts * The Gunny Sack * Tiny Sidekick * The Winthrop Chronicles * Tip Junkie * DIY on the Cheap * DIY by Design * Ginger Snap Crafts * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Life with the Crust Cut Off * Someday Crafts * The Blissful Bee * Simply Designing * Embracing Change * Bloom Designs * It Happens In a Blink * Living Well Spending Less * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Just Us Four * Liz Marie Blog * The 36th Avenue * The Answer is Chocolate * Truly Lovely * The Grant Life * Thrifty Decor Chick * Remodelaholic *

Comments

  1. Love the pillows and I also love using napkins to make pillows. I've yet to conquer the zipper pillow thingy and will have to look over your tutorial on how to do it. Pillows look great on your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!
    Not only are they pretty, but napkin fabric should be very durable, too:)
    Great job .
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out super-cute! I sew a lot, but seldom think about using napkins......insert slap to head! Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pillows! They look great, and knowing that you got such a good deal on them makes them even better!! :)
    xox, Crystelle
    CrystelleBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds think alike! I have done this too and I love them! Such a great way to save money, plus Target has really cute cloth napkins!

    -Erin @ DIY on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. These turned out great! Love the pattern and color, and especially the fact that they are napkins. Thanks for sharing this at The Makers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room