Favorites of 2016


Can you believe only one more day of 2016 left?  Where does time go?

Christmas was great and the house is filled with new toys and excited kids.  I tried something new this year and used the traditional red in my Christmas decor.  I really like it.


I like to go back and see what all I've accomplished over the year.  Let's re-cap projects of 2016 shall we?

The biggest was probably my son's room makeover.



I love the DIY engineering print I put on his wall.


I replaced the shelves above his dresser with a photo gallery.


My husband and I took a leap and opened an Etsy shop.  More great prints are coming in the new year.


I started my daughter's room makeover this year too!  The walls have gone from green to gray and some minor changes to the room like gold polka dots have made the room feel girly and glam.  It's taken me a little longer than I planned but I am 99% done.




We've been in our home for five and a half years and I re-capped some of the changes we've done so far.  Almost every inch of this house has been touched and made over to fit our family's style.

Our master bathroom received some new faucets from Pfister and took it up a notch. Still lots of projects in store for this bathroom.  I would love to change the lighting and tear out and re-do the shower.


The board and batten in the back entry was updated.  I took the trim a little higher up the wall and added more hooks.  This gave us more room for backpacks and jackets.


I made this cute little blessed sign from scrap wood.


I finally got around to making a wood bead garland.  It was so simple and it looks good everywhere.


As always, I love to make inspiration mood boards.  Be on the look out for more.  If everything goes my way, you will be seeing a lot more of these and you'll be involved too.



I also started an Instagram page this year.  It has been so great meeting new people and gaining inspiration from all of you.  There is so much talent and inspiration going on there.

I can't wait to see what 2017 brings. I know God has a plan for me and changes are definitely coming.

Peace out 2016!

 
You're reading Favorites of 2016 by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Instagram, and Hometalk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Sunburst In The Dining Room

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves